This slightly sweet cornbread is amazing after dinner, or as a side with some chili. As long as you have cornmeal you are good to go.
What you will need:
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (if your flour doesn’t already include it)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegan butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 425. Grease an 8×8 baking pan.
In one bowl, mix the dry ingredients: flour, xanthan, cornmeal, baking soda, salt, maple syrup (or honey).
In another bowl whisk the wet ingredients: buttermilk, butter, eggs.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until well mixed. The batter will be lumpy but you should be able to pour into into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly.
Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until centre is cooked.
Cool for 15 min and serve 🙂