This mac and cheese is so mouthwatering you’ll be shocked there is no real cheese in this recipe.
What you will need:
- 1 package gluten free noodles of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashew (soaked in warm water for an hour)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- dash of cayenne (optional)
Bring your pasta to a boil and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a large baking dish.
Drain the cashews and pour them into a food processor. Add all the remaining ingredients and process until well mixed into a sauce. If needed, add more water one tablespoon at a time.
Add the sauce to the pasta and mix well. Pour everything into the prepared baking dish and bake in the oven 20-25min.
Remove from oven, let cool 10min and enjoy.