What you will need:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or less, if you’re not a garlic fan)
- 3 tbsp bbq sauce (for the mix) and 1/4 cup bbq sauce for later
- 3 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumps (see notes below)
- salt, pepper, paprika and Italian seasoning to taste
Preheat oven to 375F. Spray your bread pan with coconut oil and set aside.
In a bowl, combine all ingredients with the exception of the 1/4 cup bbq sauce. When using gluten-free bread crumbs it tends to be easier to buy ready-made GF bread crumbs but if you find cheap GF crackers you can make your own bread crumbs. I actually prefer it, as the ready-made ones tend to be large crumbs and sometimes harder than a cracker crumb would be. For this recipe however, both will work just fine.
For meatloaf, you will need to mix ingredients with your hands, ensuring the egg and the onion are thoroughly mixed throughout the beef mixture.
Spread the complete mixture into the bread pan and press firmly. Ensure the beef is even in the pan.
Place bread pan in the oven and cook for 40min. You will notice the meat pushing away from the sides; this is normal.
Remove and add the remaining bbq sauce to the top. Cook for an extra 15-20min
Let rest for 10min. Slice and serve.