Because rice is my saviour, I make these power rice bowls when I need a boost of flavor and protein. You can mix the ingredients up as much as you’d like.
If you have endo you can use the blend I made before – a long grain rice that contains some dried vegetables – but if you have UC its best you stick with plain rice. A few spoonfuls piled with cooked sausage (optional), avocado and a fried egg is the perfect way to start the day.
- Rice – long grain blend or plain white rice
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 egg
- half avocado
- 1 sausage (optional)
- In a small sauce pot, cook the rice as per instructions on package.
- (if you are adding sausage you should start cooking now)
- In the meantime, slice up half an avocado and set aside
- In one frying pan, pour in oil and place on medium heat
- Once hot, cook your egg to you desire.
- Once rice (and sausage) are cooked, place a heaping of rice at the bottom of the bowl. Layer with sausage and avocado, and top with fried egg.
- Season as needed.
If you dont eat rice Im sure this could be well substituted for quinoa or lentils.